Immanuel Church of Fujairah is an international, multi-ethnic, English-speaking, evangelical church that is centered on God's Word and exists to:
1. Proclaim - Proclaim the Gospel through preaching & teaching
2. Transform - Adorn the Gospel with our lives
3. Worship - Worship the God of the Gospel
4. Disciple - Make disciple-making disciples
5. Dwell - Live in community centered on the Gospel
6. Love - In word & deed love the city of Fujairah
7. Display - Reflect, in word & deed, the glory of God
Immanuel Staff & Elders
Jesse Brannen, Senior Pastor & Elder
Jesse is the Senior Pastor of Immanuel Church of Fujairah. Jesse and his wife, Delaine, are from the United States and came to Immanuel Church in 2021 along with their four children. Prior to coming to Immanuel, Jesse served as an Assistant Pastor at Mount Vernon Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia, where he previously completed a pastoral internship. He is current pursuing an M.Div. at Southern Seminary in Louisville, KY.
Ben Alcaraz, Elder
Biju John, Pastoral Assistant
Immanuel Church of Fujairah Statement of Faith
While we do not believe that a statement of faith such as this is an authoritative document, we do, like those before us in the history of the church, stand behind the following affirmations as being summaries of what we hold to be the teachings of Scripture on the following topics which have been of critical importance in the life of the church down through time.
1. The Bible – We believe that the Holy Bible was inspired by God, written by men and is completely free from error. It is a perfect treasure of heavenly instruction and reveals the principles by which God will judge us. It includes within it the only way of salvation. It will remain to the end of the world the supreme standard and final authority by which all matters of life and doctrine should be tested.
2. The True God – We believe that there is only one living and true God. He is the eternal, infinite Creator and supreme Ruler of heaven and earth. He is merciful, just, and loving and governs all things according to His sovereign will for His glory. He is inexpressibly glorious in holiness, and is worthy of all possible honor, confidence, and love.
3. The Trinity – We believe that there is only one God, who exists eternally as three distinct persons– the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; each is fully God and equal in every divine perfection, and executing distinct but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption.
4. The Fall of Man – We believe that all the human race is created in the image of God and that through the voluntary sin of our first parents Adam and Eve, we are all born in sin. As a result, all mankind are now sinners, not by constraint but by choice; being by nature utterly void of the holiness required by God and completely inclined to evil. Therefore, the human race is unable to turn to God and is under just condemnation to eternal punishment, without defense or excuse.
5. The Way of Salvation – We believe that the salvation of sinners is only by the grace of God through the work of Jesus Christ, the Messiah, the Savior of the world. He is fully God and fully man, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin and lived a sinless life in obedience to the Father. He taught the way of God’s kingdom, worked miracles, suffered, died and rose from the dead. In His death He made full atonement for our sins and became our sacrificial substitute, forgiving our sins, absorbing the wrath of God and adopting us into the family of God.
6. Justification – We believe that justification is the blessing in which those who believe in Christ are declared righteous. It includes the pardon of sin, and the promise of eternal life on the basis of Christ’s righteousness. It is given freely by God, not in consideration of any works of righteousness which we have done, but solely through faith in the work of Christ. This brings us into peace and favor with God, and secures every other blessing needed for time and eternity.
7. The Freeness of Salvation – We believe that the blessings of salvation are made free to all by the gospel, and that it is the immediate duty of all to accept the gospel by a penitent and obedient faith. There is nothing that prevents the salvation of the greatest sinner on earth but his own depravity and voluntary rejection of the gospel, which results in condemnation.
8. Regeneration – We believe that in order to be saved sinners must be regenerated, or born again. Regeneration consists in God giving a holy disposition to the mind, and it is effected by the power of the Holy Spirit in a manner beyond our comprehension. This is in connection with divine truth, so as to secure our voluntary obedience to the gospel. Its proper evidence appears in the holy fruits of repentance, and faith, and newness of life.
9. Repentance and Faith – We believe that repentance and faith are sacred duties, brought about in our souls by the Holy Spirit in regeneration, whereby being deeply convinced of our guilt, danger and helplessness, and of the way of salvation by Christ, we turn to God with sincere remorse, confession and supplication for mercy. At the same time we heartily receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Prophet, Priest and King, and rely on Him alone as the only and all-sufficient Savior.
10. Sovereign Grace – We believe that it was the eternal purpose of God, which He graciously planned before creation, to choose some people to be regenerated and saved, not on account of any foreseen merit in them, but only because of His sovereign good pleasure. This is perfectly consistent with the free agency of man, and is a most glorious display of God’s sovereign goodness, being infinitely free, wise, holy and unchangeable. It utterly excludes boasting and promotes humility, love, prayer, praise, trust in God, and active imitation of his free mercy. It is the foundation of Christian assurance.
11. Sanctification – We believe that sanctification is the process by which, according to the will of God, we are made partakers of His holiness. It is a progressive work that is begun in regeneration and is carried on in the hearts of believers by the presence and power of the Holy Spirit, who is the Sealer and Comforter, in the continual use of spiritual disciplines, including reading and hearing the word of God, self-examination, and prayer.
12. The Perseverance of Saints – We believe that genuine believers are only those who endure to the end. Their persevering attachment to Christ is the grand mark which distinguishes them from superficial professors. A special providence watches over their welfare and they are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation.
13. The Church – We believe that the invisible church is the communion of God’s people drawn from every tribe, language, people, and nation throughout all the ages. It is made visible in local churches, which are marked by the right preaching of God’s word and right administration of the sacraments. It is governed by the word of God, which teaches that its offices are Elders and Deacons, whose qualifications, claims, and duties are defined most clearly in the Epistles to Timothy and Titus. The mission of the church is to be a corporate display of God’s glory to the world by preaching the gospel and making disciples.
14. Baptism and the Lord’s Supper – We believe that Christian baptism is the immersion in water of a believer, into the name of the Father, and Son, and Holy Spirit; to show forth our faith in the crucified, buried, and risen Savior in a solemn and beautiful symbol. It symbolizes our death to sin and resurrection to a new life and it is a response to the command of Christ. The Lord’s Supper takes place as believers by the sacred use of bread and juice, are to commemorate together the dying love of Christ; preceded always by solemn self- examination.
15. Civil Government – We believe that civil government is of divine appointment, for the interests and good order of human society, and that officials are to be prayed for and conscientiously honored. They are to be obeyed except only in things opposed to the will of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is the only Lord of the conscience, and the Prince of the kings of the earth.
16. The World to Come – We believe that it is only those who through faith are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and sanctified by the Spirit of our God who are truly righteous in His esteem. At the last day Christ will descend from heaven, and raise the dead from the grave to final retribution; that a solemn separation will then take place; that the wicked will be judged and sentenced to endless conscious punishment, and the righteous to endless joy; and that this judgment will fix forever the final state of men in heaven or hell, on principles of righteousness. Those belonging to Jesus will have eternal life in the new heavens and the new earth and live in ever-increasing joy to the glory of God.